Wednesday, July 17, 2013

july 11


july 11 came and went despite my feverish attempts to ignore my baby would indeed become a 1 yr. old.

typical conversation amongst jeff, myself & many a stranger over the past several months...
stranger "how old?"
jeff "one year"
me "NO, NO NO.  not a year.  10 months, 11 months, 11 months & 29 days.  Not a year!  not yet.  not close.  not a year!!!"

now angel, you are a year and what a beautiful year it has been.  we cherish every moment and memory.
lyda, i love your laugh, your smile, your persistence, your bravery, how you enjoy attention, your self confidence (yes, i want to be held - by you - right now.  pick me up!).
i love your joy, i love your tears,  i love that crazy headband atop that beautiful bald head, i love how you sleep with your nose nuzzled in the pink bunny & your feet crossed at the ankles, i love that you're my 'chow hound,' and the way your face beams when you see your family.
i love to kiss your sweet head, i love feeding you, i love watching you sleep & watching you wake.  i love the soft noises you make as you chat away & that you love to engage with others.  an extrovert?  in our family?  i love when you say 'momma,' 'dadda,' for these are the two words you've mastered.
i love every ounce of your precious self.













you are a doll.  a beautiful, porcelain doll.  thank you God for this special year.
we adore you!  

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! I laughed bc constantly Casey tells people Maggie the next month older than she is....7 months before she was. Now she's 7 months & I'm sure soon he'll be saying 8 months! Happy birthday Lyda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica, what is it with these guys?? Jeff does it with all our kids. He was saying e was 4 when barely 3. Now he says Langston is 7. Wait a minute! Not until the end of oct!!! Glad u understand:)))

      Delete
  2. Oh I completely understand too! Hanging on to the week plus I have left of Way being younger than 1!! Lyda is beautiful! Do you ever tire of me saying that??? Oh my goodness! What a sweet post---love how you love her so much! Obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I don't tire of hearing that. If you don't tire of me saying how precious way is:). You are sweet! Thank you for the lyda compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is precious! Beautiful posts my friend! Love hearing about your kids!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget